Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Best Neighbours Ever

We live in the best neighbourhood. I could go on and on about all the great things there are to see and do and eat, but the neighbours really are shining stars.

Last weekend the baby girls were up extremely early. They both have been very interested in push toys. I suddenly remembered that we had a great shopping cart tucked away in the basement. I hauled it upstairs at 6am on a Sunday morning. Success. They LOVED it!

Then FAILURE. They LOVED it too much and both started screaming bloody murder. Oops. Sharing the cart was not an option.

This is how I found myself taking the girls outside one at a time to push the cart up and down the street. Numerous neighbours saw us and chatted with us about our cart. Some checked their basements for a second cart. No luck.

Fast forward to dinner time tonight. The doorbell rings. It's the lovely neighbour from down the street and her lovely daughter. Guess what they had with them?


Lovely neighbour lady found it at a consignment store today. Thought of us and bought it for the girls. I pulled the old one up from the basement and they each played with one until bedtime at which time Camo screamed bloody murder b/c I took her shopping cart away.

Really, it doesn't get better than this.

Thank you neighbourhood. You are so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! :) I can imagine what the screech owl sounded like when you have to take it away... so sad. But I'm sure she was equally thrilled to get it back to push around in the morning. So cute.

    ReplyDelete