Monday, January 12, 2015

Neat Coincidences

I was at a 40th birthday party across town on the weekend.

During dinner I was seated beside the birthday girl's neighbour.

The neighbour turns 90 years old this year. She is spry and feisty and fun.

She teaches a course at the local senior's centre on how to make Teddy Bears.

We were chatting and it came up that she goes to church in my neighbourhood (quite far away for her). I asked her why and she said she grew up in my part of town.

She mentioned the streets she used to live on.

I asked her where she'd gone to elementary school. She said Elmdale.

My kids go to Elmdale I said. We both started laughing.

She went to Elmdale in 1930 when she was 5 years old. My 5-year-olds went to Elmdale in 2014.

Pretty cool coincidence that I ended up sitting with her that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment