Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Earthquake

There was just an earthquake here about 15 minutes ago.

According to reports it was 5.5 and the epicenter was 61km north of here (Ottawa).

It was eerie and strange. I really thought my house was about to come apart.

I have a fire evacuation plan and other things ready to go. I have no plan in case of earthquake. I herded the neighbour girls into the front hall and that was as far as we got when the shaking stopped.

Strangest thing that's happened to me in a while.

1 comment:

  1. It made me realize that we have no earthquake plan either. When I asked Tony, who was working from home, what he had done he said that he went outside right away. Apparently that is the wrong thing to do. We are just not 'trained' to deal with this like we are with a fire. I guess a lot of us will be getting our acts together now.

    ReplyDelete