Friday, November 09, 2007

Talking to a Two Year Old - It's Amazing My Brain Didn't Explode

For the past two years Hops & Barley has been spilling things. You name it, she's turned it upside down, knocked it over, opened it up to release the contents in our house.

This has been happening with greater frequency lately. So much so that I went out and bought new sippy cups for her to start using again. Cleaning up cups of milk and juice multiple times a day was getting tiresome.

Problem solved. Until yesterday.

"Mommmy." She calls from the kitchen.

"I'll be right there."

"Mommy, mommy." She calls again.

"What is it?" I ask.

"My clothes are wet." She yells.

"Why are your clothes wet?" I ask walking into the kitchen.

There I find a puddle of milk on the floor, a wet Hops & Barley and a sippy cup with the lid removed.

"Why did you take the lid off the sippy cup?" I demand (yup, I was angry).

"Because my clothes are wet." She says.

"Your clothes are wet because you took the lid off." I say. "Why did you do that?"

"Beecaussse my clothes are weeettt." She explains again like I'm the one who doesn't understand.

"No, your clothes are wet BECAUSE you took the lid off the cup. You are not supposed to take the lid off the cup. Why did you do that?"

"BECAUSE. MY. CLOTHES. WERE. WET." DUHHHH!

That's where it ended, because, really, I didn't feel like having my brain explode all over the kitchen trying to match wits with a two year old.

Game - Hops & Barley (this time)

No comments:

Post a Comment