Friday, October 07, 2005

Where Have All The Suits Gone?

Why are they never, ever there when you want them?

It seems to me that up until about a week ago stores like Zellers and Walmart carried one-piece bathing suits in standard colours (blue, black, red, etc...) for about $15. I've bought them before, many times, and used them quited successfully while pregnant with Max.

Now I can't find these particular ones at all!!! Not only that, I had the hardest time trying to find a bathing suit period. I'm not really picky. I was just looking for your regular old Speedo for less than $100 (Yes, they really do cost almost $100 these days. "What, $100 for a little piece of lycra/spandex," you say. "Yup, $100 for something that sucks your torso in and then spits the rest of you out. Great.")

Sears and the Bay used to carry suits - not anymore. I finally found a wall of them at the sports store in the mall but was not convinced that $89 was worth it for a suit that is only going to see the inside of the pool and swim laps for the duration of its life. Also found about five at a place called "Bikini Village," but just couldn't bring myself to actually buy anything from a place with bikini in its name.

I guess the buyers figure it's October and nobody swims anymore. Seriously, what about lap swimmers like me? What about people going on vacation? I don't think I should have to hunt to buy a suit, it's bad enough having to try one on in the store without having to practically beg to find one to try on in the first place.

Don't despair, I finally found a nice blue suit at Bushtukah (should have gone there first), and will now swim laps to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment